Sunday, July 5, 2009

Reflections on the CALL course


I was extremely grateful to have the chance to benefit from another online course offered by the UO AEI. However, towards the end of the week, I realized that it was going to be somehow a different experience. We were around 15 participants in the "Shaping" course at a time I believe we are around 30 in this course. It takes me quite some time to keep track of all the posts and comments, and I can't bring myself to skip any. The variety of interventions and backgrounds make each idea and each style quite interesting.

Besides, the topics chosen for the first week have paved the way for a professional interaction with well-set rules to guide the discussion. I also felt that introducing the rubric at this point to assess our work, instead of our students' for a change, was quite a "notable" move.

I am a visual learner who takes in everything, works all material into a "personal" lot within the set frame, before producing my own contribution. Being that way, I am more and more involved into the workings of this course. I can't but be involved in a course that starts in rubrics and self-reflection!! Can't wait for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment